Monday, August 21, 2017

The start of a new journey.......




Life takes you many places and is in a constant flux. And so my life has changed, I've gone from a traveling single woman to a married woman who is focused on things at home. With this recent change, I have become more and more involved in the homestead movement. On the future posts for this blog, I will be writing about how to have a more organic and sustainable lifestyle. Quick and easy tips that will transform your life and make it easier to be healthy in this fast paced society. 

While living in Munich, Germany I loved being able to get amazing beers. It was such a pleasure to be able to stop by the grocery and purchase beer for 70 cents and bottled in a glass too! When I returned home I was shocked by the high price for beer, and most of the beer lacked the flavor and artisan love that I found in Germany. So my frugal Ohio-ways came into play and I decided if the price is too high, just make it yourself. I was overwhelmed by the complexities of making beer so I turned to making a simple wine.Thinking about what flowers/herbs I had on hand at home I decided that I had tons of mint, and would make a mint wine. After doing some extensive research I created my own Delicious and Refreshing Mint Wine Recipe. 

Delicious and Refreshing Mint Wine Recipe. 
1. Boil a little over a gallon of water
2. Add Mint 2 cups worth.
3. Boil on a high for 30 minutes. 
4. Add 3 cups of sugar let cool.
5. Once cool add to a gallon container, and add your yeast.
6. Let it sit for 3-4 weeks then bottle and rack. 


I hope you enjoy this refreshing treat as summer turns into fall. You can create this wine with many different kinds of  herbs. Later I will post another recipe that I created using a medley of herbs. 



What kind of wine would you create? 




4 comments:

  1. Hey April, I didn't know you were a blogger. Awesome! Will have yo give this recipe a try! ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome April! I look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! There are great things going on in South Carolina! Come to visit Columbia!

      Delete