Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Brighten your day!




Looking for an easy way to uplift your day? Fresh flowers are a great way to add elegance and grace to your home. To buy a beautiful flower arrangement can be expensive, but you can pick your own wild flowers for free. 

While on a walk in the up and coming neighborhood of Pinehurst, I found some flower gems that added fragrance and beauty to my home. Strolling on Magnolia Street I found a vibrant yellow yarrow plant and some lush green wild dill on an empty lot at 3007 Magnolia St. Those flowers and herbs allowed me to create a stunning bouquet for my home.  

I love walking the Pinehurst Community, it gives me a chance to see the many turn of the century homes, stroll the wide boulevards of Magnolia St and Chestnut St. The Pinehurst Community Center has free herbs and vegetables for the public to gather at any time. In the past, I have added the (free)  fresh bell peppers and basil to salads, and created a delicious pizza. 

Being able to collect wild flowers in my local neighborhood is such a pleasure and an easy way to add pizazz and warmth to my home. There are so many ways to live an organic and sustainable lifestyle in a fast paced world. 


What is your favorite neighborhood? 

No comments:

Post a Comment