Thursday, September 28, 2017

The Sweet Taste of Vida



Fall is officially here, which reminds me of fond memories of growing up in Ohio. Fall was always a spectacular season with the chilly weather, stunning vivid colors of the fall leaves, and warm spiced apple cider for special occasions.

Now living in South Carolina, I still want to recreate those memories. So I've been inspired to create my own recipe of spiced apple cider. When creating a recipe it is important to use the highest quality of ingredients. To create just the right amount of sweetness in the cider I will use Akron Honey, their honey is dynamic and flavorful. The company owned by Wesly Ian in Akron, Ohio is an Urban Honey and Personal Men's Care company. They use sustainable practices that create the best honey possible.

My favorite batch is Middlebury, which is harvested in Middlebury Neighborhood, which includes Chittenden st.  This neighborhood is as vibrant and dynamic as Akron Honey and it's reflected in the amazing taste and flavor of the Middlebury Honey.

Blending the apple juice with a variety of spices, along with Akron Honey creates the perfect apple cider. When I drink this cider it reminds me that the season has changed, it's a new time and season to create fall memories with my family here in Columbia, South Carolina.


What's your favorite thing about fall?




Middlebury Red 3oz
Harvest Date: 11.11.15
Tastes Like: Extra Sweet , Floral, Medium Smoky
Influences: White Dutch Clover, Black Locust, Japanese Knotweed
Use with: Tea & Coffee, Spicy Dishes (glaze or drizzle), Fried Foods (chicken), Bland Foods (biscuits), Fruit


No comments:

Post a Comment