Monday, October 9, 2017

Adding Style to Everyday Life




Sometimes life can become mundane, and the simple patterns of life repeat and repeat. An easy way to break the pattern of monotony is to add fabric accents to your home.

I could be adding new curtains, a rug, window treatments, table centerpieces or, a new outfit to wear out on the town. My favorite designer Yetunde Sarumi often gives me inspiration on how to add elegance to my home. Her company YS (Yetunde Sarumi) uses unique fabrics from West Africa to create stunning clothes that stand out and make an impact.

Drawing inspiration from her amazing collection, I used a piece of long fabric to create a curtain between the washroom and the mudroom. Every time I look at this personally curated curtain I am inspired to look for other ways to add simple elegance to my home.

Who knew, how easy it could be to create a warm and welcoming home.



                                       Picture of the curated curtain




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention.. I absolutely love the fabric you chose for the curtain. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! It's so awesome that your work has been featured on essence!

    ReplyDelete