Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Coffee Anyone?


There is nothing like the smell of fresh roasted coffee in the morning. But what if you don't drink coffee? Did you know there is a fresh, and easy substitute for coffee? Hello..... barley, its an underused crop, that can be roasted to create a rich, dense coffee substitute. When I am looking for a chocolaty deluxe flavor without the buzz I turn to barley coffee. 

Recently, on a shopping trip  I found roasted barley grains, which was like finding a treasure. I promptly bought several bags and went home to create my dream cup of cafe. After grinding the beans in my coffee grinder, I put the grounds into my Italian espresso maker from Italy a gift from my wonderful mother. 

And in minutes I had a rich, dark bubbling cup of barley coffee. The flavor was nutty and luscious. It was such an exquisite delight, that was sustainable, easy and healthy. 


What are your coffee substitutes that you enjoy? 



                 Top Health Benefits of Barley
               
                   High in minerals and vitamins

                     Helps control blood sugar

                     Oldest grain in the world

No comments:

Post a Comment