Thursday, January 4, 2018

Simple Ways to Warm up Your House



Being raised in Ohio, I was used to a cold brisk winter. But after moving to sunny South Carolina, I have lost a lot of my Ohio hardiness.  This past week has been a test of my endurance, trying to endure this cold winter snap. I've had to rely on the tips and strategies of my childhood to endure and enjoy this cold winter weather. 

The first thing that I did to evade the cold was to bring out all my heavy wool and cashmere sweaters, and clothing items and to dress in up to four layers of clothing. I added heavy curtains to the windows and laid extra rugs by the doorways. 


In the morning and during the day I try to let in as much sun as possible, to help warm up the house. At night I like to bake using the oven to warm up the house.  Last night I made a hearty roasted vegetable and organic beef chili and a beautiful pear and lavender pie. The meal warmed up our hearts and home and made my husband and I thankful that we could enjoy the cold winter weather together creating great memories of this winter season.


XOXO
Frolicking Americana 


PS click the linked words to get the recipe at my website frolickingamericana for the Pear Lavender Pie- its so simple but oooh sooo good. 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment