Saturday, November 24, 2018

Holiday Goodness



Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. This year was quite special because it was the first Thanksgiving for my small family, and included my mom, aunt, and cousin. It was all of my favorite people eating some of my favorite foods. 

The key to making your food memorable is purchasing or growing the best quality food that you can find. For my family that means buying a fresh turkey from Doko Farm every year. Each turkey is raised with love, and care. And they taste amazing! When you buy local you are supporting a local artisan producer and you are receiving a high quality product. My family loved the turkey they said, it was the best turkey they have ever eaten! When they said that it warmed my heart, and made me realize the importance of high quality food. 


I was able to decorate the house with fresh flowers from my Pinehurst garden. It was my last opportunity to bring in the beauty of the outdoors in before the frost hit the flowers and they faded away. Anytime you can bring in outdoor beauty into your home do it! It creates warmth, beauty and a uniqueness to your home. Now that Christmas is coming I am looking forward to purchasing a fresh  Christmas Tree and bringing that smell of Christmas into my home. 

These are all easy tips to create a warm, happy and memorable holiday season. Sending you all the love and happiness! 


XOXO,

Frolicking Americana

2 comments:

  1. Your heritage turkey is picture perfect! I have my one tried and true recipe, that I share with customers. Do you care to share yours? Always looking for good variations. Thank you for the lovely shout out to our small farm! ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. At Thanksgiving I just thawed out my turkey, seasoned it with salt and pepper on the outside of the skin, Then I added Carrots, onions and garlic to the inside of the turkey, and added salt, pepper and savory seasonings to the inside of the turkey. Finally I put in on a charcoal grill for 3 hours.

    ReplyDelete